In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit”
and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ.
Confirmation deepens our baptismal life that calls us to be missionary witnesses of Jesus Christ in our families, neighborhoods, society, and the world. . . .
We receive the message of faith in a deeper and more intensive manner with great emphasis given to the person of Jesus Christ,
who asked the Father to give the Holy Spirit to the Church for building up the community in loving service.
Confirmation Eligibility Requirements
- Has received the Sacrament of Baptism into the Catholic Church
- Is attending Mass and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation regularly
- Has already completed, or is currently enrolled in 9th grade
- Has received at least a full year of Catholic formation, and was enrolled in a Catholic faith formation program the year prior to enrolling in Confirmation Preparation
- In addition to Confirmation Preparation, is enrolled and actively participating in the parish regular/weekly Faith Formation Program or Youth Ministry
- Register by the parish’s prescribed deadline for Sacramental Preparation
- Attend all six Confirmation Preparation sessions
- Choose a patron Saint and write a report about the saint
- Submit copy of Baptismal Certificate to the Faith Formation Office by the prescribed deadline
- Seek a Confirmation Sponsor who is also a practicing Catholic. See Sponsor Requirements below.
- Attend the Confirmation Rehearsal
The Confirmation Sponsor is a person of influence over the spiritual life of the Confirmand. It must be somebody with whom the Confirmand has a relationship of trust, and who models the values of a Catholic Christian.
- Must be a person who observes and practices the Catholic faith in and out of church
- Receives the sacraments of Reconciliation and Communion frequently
- Is attending Mass regularly
- Whether married or single, must be living a Catholic lifestyle
- If married, the marriage must be in the Catholic Church.
Youth Confirmation Registration (9-12 graders) Click Here
CONFIRMATION SESSIONS (YOUTH) CLICK HERE: Confirmation Schedule-Youth
Adult Confirmation Registration (18 years of age and out of high school), who lack the Sacrament of Confirmation. Click Here:
CONFIRMATION SESSIONS (ADULT) CLICK HERE: Confirmation Schedule-Adult