If you are looking to Baptize your child at St. Catherine of Siena, here are a few things you need to know.
- Come in to our office and fill out the registration paperwork or download them here Baptism Forms
- Bring with you the Child’s original Birth Certificate along with the registration paperwork to our office
- Bring with you the God Parents’ Marriage Certificate. If not married, their Confirmation Certificates
- Pay for the baptismal class. This class is held only once a month on a Saturday.
- Baptisms are usually performed 1 month after the completion of the preparation class.
Basic Guidelines and Information for Infant (to include young children) Baptism (Code of Canon Law, cc. 867-868; Catechism of the Catholic Church 1251)
Parents are responsible for bringing their child to the Sacrament of Baptism as soon after birth as possible. Except in case of necessity, the church is the usual place of baptism.
In order that a child be baptized, it is necessary that the parents consent, or at least one of them, or someone legally standing in their place, and that there is reasonable hope that the child will be brought up in the Catholic Faith.
GODPARENTS: A person may only have one or two godparents (also called sponsors); if two are chosen, they must be male and female.
In order for someone to be eligible as a godparent they must be chosen by the parents, have the ability and the intention to fulfill the role, be at least 16 years of age, and be a confirmed Roman Catholic, who has already received the Most Holy Eucharist, is leading a life in harmony with the Catholic Faith (including Marriage) and will be a good role model for the one being baptized, and be neither the father nor the mother of the child.
Please contact Cristy Smith (407) 344-9607 x123. The Parents and Godparents should call the parish office to make arrangements at least four months prior to the baptism. Parents and Godparents must attend preparation classes.